hmmm....You could try using a global field...every time that form is opened,
increment....every time one is closed, decrement, and send some sort of
warning when the window count gets above a threshold?

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:25 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Keeping track of Open forms.

**

Hello Listers,

ARS 7.1 Patch4

MS SSQL 2005

MS OS 2003 SP 2 Enterprise

We are looking for a way to assist our Call Center operators in managing
multiple Helpdesk Forms.

They have a telephone system that displays a popup identifying the name of
the Heldpesk that the customer is contacting.

The vendor assures us that the telephone tool can send keystroke commands to
a running app (ARUser) and retrieve the proper Helpdesk Form.

This would result in the same search or new window opening up each time a
call for Helpdesk A came in. The problem get compounded by Helpdesk B, C and
D. Soon we will have E & F.

Has anyone dealt with a method to keep track of the open windows in the WUT
and manage them so we don't open 99 windows in one working session?

I was thinking of using a Close Window Active Link firing on "After Submit"
but that may confuse and frustrate the Operators when the window disappears
and there is no Request ID feedback.

Thanks,

---
John J. Reiser
Senior Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by
me

Are"_