Doug,

Thanks for you long answer. (I think I have wast some of your time here...)

I may have explain the issue a bit wrong... When I wrote bulkimport, I
ment using the beginBulkEntryTransaction() option.

So in example 3), I create 10.000 entries in a display only form. This
should not do any commit in the database, it should do no database
transaction at all (regards the logs, it does not do anything in the
database) In example 4) I using the beginBulkEntryTransaction() when
creating entries. This also should do none database transaction (is
does one, Commit)

However, regards the internal logic inside ar-server, example 3) and
4) should be quite equal. Still the non bulk transaction takes 5 times
longer than the bulk transaction.

Regards,
Jarl