From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Jarl Grøneng
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 2:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Wierd behavior with Java API -> ar-server

2009/8/17 Lyle Taylor <tayl...@ldschurch.org>:
> Jarl,
> Your comment that the difference between 1 and 2 is due to one commit to the
> database is incorrect.  That end is the same - the difference is in the
> network latency due to 1 vs 10,000 API calls across the network.  That's the
> exact same difference that you see between 3 & 4.

Did a new test-run, and the commit in example 2), with bulk
transaction took approx 18 seconds.

2009-08-17 21:52:50,593 DEBUG [main] ARImport (ARImport.java:365) -
Start bulk commit
2009-08-17 21:53:08,203 DEBUG [main] ARImport (ARImport.java:372) -
End bulk create, sending all requests to AR Server

The network latency should be very small since the client, server and
database is on the same machine (as I wrote in my first email)

It is 25% difference between 3-4 and 1-2 (16 seconds vs 20 seconds)

--
Jarl

copies of the original message.