From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Mark Seiler
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:35 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Query against two forms

**

Hi Listers,
I'm looking for some guidance on doing the following:
I have 2 regular forms called ALLrecs and PROCESSEDrecs, each having fields
like F1, F2 and F3
I'm looking to populate a third form to contain the results of a query such
that the user can select from a list of AVAILABLE records (everything in
ALLrecs less all the records in PROCESSEDrecs). A working SQL statement to do
this is:

SELECT F1, F2, F3
FROM ALLrecs
WHERE (F1 NOT IN (SELECT F1, F2, F3 FROM PROCESSEDrecs))

Making this new AVAILABLE form a join form (inner or outer) doesn't seem to be
giving me the results I want. Perhaps a Direct SQL or table walk on ALLrecs?
arrgh.
This AVAILABLE data has to be updated or recreated each time the user performs
this activity.

Ultimately the users selections from AVAILABLE will be further processed, then
will update the PROCESSEDrecs form etc etc (I've got that part).

Thanks for any thoughts.
-Mark

 Win Server 2003/MS SQL 2000
 ARS 7.1 patch 6
 ITSM 7.0.03 patch 006

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.