From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Charles Baldi
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 12:44 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Reactivating bypassed Tasks? (ITSM 7.x)

**
We have implemented a reasonably complicated flow of tasks to support various
change templates in CM 7.0.3.  The flow of tasks is controlled by answers to
questions that are asked up front.  Fairly regularly users are coming to us
saying that they made a mistake with their question, can we please change it.
Well by that time several tasks have been bypassed because of their original
answer.

Aside from the fact that the flow should have validation of the answers before
any branching takes place (trying to get the customer to permit this), has
anyone played with changing the status of bypassed tasks to Assigned or WIP so
that they can be worked?  I don't need any task flow to work at this point but
want to use the tasks if possible rather than creating a number of ad-hoc
tasks.  Has anyone had any luck making a bypassed task workable again?

I know this is not a long-term solution, but I am trying to cut down on the
support overhead until we have a better method in place.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck Baldi

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.