Alkan,

I noted that your post did not include what ARS version your using.
That information may have been helpful to understand your full options.

So... You do not want to use the feature that is built into the system
to do the task that you are trying to do. But you still want to do the
task.

So.... How about any of the following alternatives?

If you only want this to work on the Mid-Tier you could:

Mid-Tier ONLY) Write some custom javascript that you trigger any time
the form is refreshed (good luck trapping all of those cases, so there
is more custom javascript needed for that) that would alter the CSS
for the rows.

Mid-Tier ONLY2) You could use a column that is a display only,
"HTML-ReadOnly" column and change the color of that cell, or put a
colored image in the cell, in the row by using Active Links to loop
over the table and set the correct HTML into the column.

But if you need this to work in the User Tool then you really need to
use the feature as it is designed to work. ( Which should also work
for the Mid-Tier client too. :)

I guess there are other approaches you could take...

Submit a UI enhancement request to BMC and wait (years?) to maybe see
the second way to implement this feature show up in the product.

Oh.. how about this idea... This could work....

You could create your own ARS client from the ground up. That would
let you do all kinds of things in your UI. If it helps you would not
be the first customer to do it. However it is no small task to achieve
so that you can implement table field row colors based on something
other than a selection field value from the table row.  (Note: The UI
enhancement request might be faster (and cheaper) than this option.)

Ok... I think I am totally out of ideas on this one...

Anyone else know of a better way to skin this cat?

HTH.

--
Carey Matthew Black
BMC Remedy AR System Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.