If the XMLGateway you refer to is the one I see advertized on the list
periodically, I presume it will have the ability to truncate the 00:00:00.0,
and put it in a format that Remedy will understand.

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of AMEY BHOSALE
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 9:35 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Date Time Field Limitation Issue in Remedy restricted to Jan
2038

** Hi,

But the thing is we have an Integration from Remedy with the Trade Database
where all the details are obtained like Trade Date and Maturity Date so the
format in which the value in stored in their database is yyyy-MM-dd
hh:mm:ss.

So there is an Xmlgateway integrated with our Remedy Application which
contains the server details of this Trade Database where the stored
procedure is executed to pull the Trade Date , Maturity Date values.

So the Xmlgateway receives the value from Trade Database in yyyy-MM-dd
hh:mm:ss format and now this when comes into Remedy will only be correct is
the value is till Jan 2038 and if beyond that then it will set to 1/1/1970.

I tried using Date field but the value gets stored as in BC format.

for e.g. actual value in Trade Database => 2039-02-14 00:00:00.0

data received in Xmlgateway => 2039-02-14 00:00:00.0

But if i create a date field and tried storing this value then it stores as
2/14/4366 B.C

But if i create date/time field then the value is  stored as 1/1/1970

Please let me know what needs to be done.

Regards,

Amey Bhosale