Found this file on my laptop, it may give you a start.
--
Jarl

2009/9/16 senthil kumar <msenthil...@gmail.com>:
> **
>
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Java API but I need to fetch the attachemt files from
> attachment pool by using Java API. I dont know which method i need to call
> to get attachement files.
>
> Could you please suggest how to proceed on this.
>
> Remedy Version : 7.1
>
> Os: Linux
>
> Thanks.
>
> _Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where the Answers
> Are"_

import com.remedy.arsys.api.*;

public class getAttach
{
	public static void main(String args[])
	{

		// Username to login to ARServer
		String uname = "Demo";
		// Password for the User
		String pword = "";
		// Language
		String lang = "";
		// ARServer
		String serv = "";
		// Create ARServerUser object with supporting information.
		ARServerUser context = new ARServerUser(uname, pword, lang, serv);

		// Create NameID object adding the form name you wish to retrieve the attachment from in the constructor.
		NameID schemaID = new NameID("RESOURCE_Downloads");

		// Create EntryID object adding the EntryID of the record you wish to retrieve the attachment from in the constructor
		EntryID entryID = new EntryID("000000000000007");

		// Create FieldID object adding the fieldID of the attachment field in the constructor
		long fid = 536880912;
		FieldID fieldID = new FieldID(fid);

		// Need to have the Util.ARGetEntryBlob() method in a try block to catch ARException
		try
		{
			// Set a string variable for the name of the attachment
			String aname = "ConvertQual.def";
			// Set a string variable for the full path of where you wish to copy the attachment to.
			String filePath = "C:\\ConvertQual.def";
			// Create AttachmentInfo object with supporting information
			AttachmentInfo attach = new AttachmentInfo(aname, 0, 0, "");
			// Call the setValue() method of the AttachmentInfo object passing in the "full path" string variable.
			attach.setValue(filePath);

			// Call ARGetEntryBlob with supporting information
			Util.ARGetEntryBlob(context, schemaID, entryID, fieldID, attach);
		}
		catch (ARException e)
		{
			System.out.println("Exception: " + e.toString());
		}

	}

}