Not sure if this will work for you but if the text you are looking for
is always surrounded by the "<p>" tags and there is only one set then
the following will extract what is between:

SUBSTR($VALUE$,STRSTR($VALUE$,"p>")+2,STRSTR($VALUE$,"</p")-1)

Other than that you could run a process where you pass the HTML to an
HTML to Text converter of which there are many. Google "Convert HTML
to Text".