If you think about it, the string "<%>" will match your entire string

<                                                                %

Without resorting to an external routine to remove the HTML tags you would have
to use a loop that does something like the following

Find first "<"       (use the STRSTR function
Find first ">"       (use the STRSTR function
Remove the text found above
If there still exists a "<" in string go to the top

Ooh...   You could do it in a single filter
Run-If:   $field$ LIKE "%<%"
            Action 1 Set Fields        $zTempInt1$ =  STRSTR( $field$, "<" )
            Action 2 Set Fields        $zTempInt2$ =  STRSTR( $field$, ">",
$zTempInt1$ + 1 )
            Action 3 Set Fields        $field$ = REPLACE( $field$, SUBSTR(
$field$, $zTempInt1$, $zTempInt2$ ), "")
            Action 4  Goto Execution Order of this filter

NOTE:  This is typed off the top of my head before I have had my coffee, but it
should work.

Fred