Hi Jason,

I'm a bit like you and I do have a variety of different versions of
ARS and the mid-tier. I have a Win 2003 7.5 dev server and  3 x 7.1
servers, 2 prod 1 dev all with matching mid-tier versions. I'm using
one BOXI server for all my ARS servers. I have dedicated different
system DSNs to each ARS server on the BOXI server. Some of these I
have set up with usernames in the DSN and it does use them when
specified.

My production DSN includes just the server name and it seems to take
the username of the logged in user in this instance. I have seen the
problem you describe where it asks for the login name before though.
Looking at my reports I do have a userid in the report itself. Maybe
you need to do this, rather than leave it blank.

If I get a chance tomorrow I will have a closer look at my setup to
try and isolate your issue.

Rod