That's pretty good advice Ben,

If there is a way of disabling the merge workflow without modifying
workflow that would be preferable.

The option to drop and re-create indexes is probably one that
shouldn't be used unless the extra performance is absolutely
necessary. It's quite easy to terminate the transfer and then lose the

Disassociating the audit form is not as risky as the dropping and
re-instating of indexes as it can usually be repaired without too much
hassle.

Rod