From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of John Kelley
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 12:38 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: CI TYPE FOR HUBS, SWITCHES & ROUTERS

Hi

We use also used the class Computer System with:
        Tier 1- Hardware
        Tier 2- Network
        Tier 3- Router
Then the Product name is the type of router (Cisco) -  Made sense for us.
We separated Switches and Hubs in the tier 3 level as well.
JK

"Luttmann, Michael W CTR USA" <michael.luttm...@us.army.mil>
Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

12/07/2009 02:17 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc
Subject
Re: CI TYPE FOR HUBS, SWITCHES & ROUTERS

We preferred to keep our switches/routers separate from all our other
"computer systems", so I made a custom class (with Computer System as
the super class), called "Network Device".

It was a good exercise is custom class creation!

Michael W. Luttmann
Lead Remedy Developer
Fort Carson NEC
"If you dislike change, you're going to dislike irrelevance even more."
-- GEN Shinseki