From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Martinez, Marcelo A
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 3:27 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: CMDB mapping question: dependency vs. component

I'm mapping out a few "critical systems" in my CMDB and wanted some input.

Remedy System: BMC_ApplicaitonSystem
Rem001 Server: BMC_ComputerSystem - Component of Remedy System
SQL0001 Server: BMC_ComputerSystem - Component of Remedy System (or is this a
Dependency??)
ARSystem database: BMC_Database - Component of Remedy System
Exchange Server: BMC_ComputerSystem - Dependency of Remedy System
DomainController:  BMC_ComputerSystem - Dependency of Remedy System

Does this make sense? Or am I mapping it all wrong? Also what is a good naming
convention for relationships: RemSysComp01, RemSysDepen01??

I am doing this manually because I do not know how/where to mass relate these
items. I have about 2000 CIs in Computer systems form.

Specs:
CMDB: 2.1.00
ARS: 7.1.00
ITSM 7.0.03

Thanks,,
Marcelo Martinez

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.