Conny/Joe,

        Thanks very much for your suggestions and instructions - I've
finally got the view form working as needed. It was exacly as Conny
explained - I included "Next-ID-Commit: T" in ar.conf and the problem
was solved!.

        Just one more question Joe, you wrote that there's a way of dealing
with case sensitivity problem. Could you write more about that?. I
need to access multiple tables from MSSQL server and would hate to ask
the DBA to redo all field names to upercase.

        Thank you all very much for your help.

        Victor
 On Sun 13/12/09 21:16 , Joe D'Souza jdso...@shyle.net sent:
  **  Victor,   Try that suggestion from Conny before the stored
procedure I suggested. Maybe that is what is required to insert that
missing commit.   If Conny's suggestion still doesn't work, then write
a stored procedure that performs that update, with a commit at the end
like I suggested a couple of emails ago.. I'll copy the design of the
body of that stored procedure just for your benefit again because
previously I suggested update but it looks like its an insert you need
to create a stored procedure for.. BEGIN insert into tablen...@..... (
) values (); commit; END;   Maybe before you try all this (either mine
or Conny's suggestion) SQL logging may indicate where a commit is
missing.. That is worth a try too.. Oracle SQL logging would also help
you find where a commit is missing..   Joe  -----Original Message-----
 FROM: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on BEHALF OF Conny Martin
 SENT: Sunday, December 13, 2009 7:57 AM
 TO: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
 SUBJECT: AW: View form from Oracle based AR system to remote MS SQL
server
 **  Victor,   running only the insert statement from sqlplus is not
the whole story.    If you create an entry through ARS there are a
bunch of statements which gets executed. Immediately before the insert
are 2 statements to generate the request_id. You should see something
like this in your sql-logfile.   update arschema set nextid = nextid +
1 where schemaid = xxxx; select nextid from arschema where schemaid =
xxxx; insert into Txxxx (cxxx,cyyy,czzz) values ('x','y','z');   Try
to run these 3 in sqlplus. IMHO error  ORA-02047 indicates some
problem with handling distributed transactions. If this sequence of
statements generates an error in sqlplus try a commit; after the first
2 statements. If this solves the problem you can set "Next-ID-Commit:
T" in ar.conf. This causes ARS to issue a commit after generating the
nextid.   HTH   Kind Regards Conny
-------------------------
 VON: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] IM AUFTRAG VON Victor Olufowobi
 GESENDET: Sonntag, 13. Dezember 2009 09:41
 AN: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
 BETREFF: Re: View form from Oracle based AR system to remote MS SQL
server
  **

        Thanks again Joe,

        I will try what you suggested and have the outcome posted - but I
want you to consider the following:
 - I can update without problem using the view form created. It's
when I'm inserting (CREATE operation) the error occurs
 - I can successfull run the INSERT command ARS is trying to run from
sqlplus  BODY {  FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; FONT-SIZE:
12px }
 Victor
 On Sat 12/12/09 14:56 , Joe D'Souza jdso...@shyle.net sent:
  Victor,
 Well that's half the battle won then.. Yes MS-SQL can be weird when
it comes
 to case sensitivity of view names and columns within views even..
For e.g.
 if your ARS was hosted on a MS-SQL server, and the view name was in
small
 case and you tried creating a view form in upper case, it would not
 recognize that name. There is a way to override that case
sensitivity but we
 won't deal with that since you already updated the view to have it
upper
 cased..
 This is what I found for ORA-02047.
 http://ora-02047.ora-code.com/ [1]
 Based on the clue provided with the explanation of the error code,
can you
 the Run Process Application-Release-Pending just an action before
updating
 the MS-SQL view data in your workflow - and if that does not work
the same
 action after the update action to that DB-Link? I'm assuming that
will force
 any pending commits before (or if necessary after) you try updating
the
 external view using that DB-Link in light of what the article in the
above
 link says..
 If that does not work (and the commit is required while and not
before or
 after the update), try writing a stored procedure that has a commit
inside
 of it - e.g..
 BEGIN
 update tablen...@..... set ... where ...;
 commit;
 END;
 Use that stored procedure in a direct SQL at the point where you
want to run
 that update to the foreign database. Make sure that you declare all
the
 variables that you need while defining the stored procedure.
 Let me know how it goes..
 Cheers
 Joe