** Jeremy,

I have seen this happen a couple of times on Windows platforms where there is a local firewall installed.  Basically, the installer

installs the binaries and
sets up the basic data dictionary tables in your database, then
starts the arserver program, then
attempts to run arimport (or arimportcmd, I can't remember which) to import the Group and User records.

arimport is blocked by the firewall.  The solution is to disable the firewall.

Another failure at the same point is that the arserver is not fully running at the time of the import. The installer should wait for it, but might not.

if only the Group and user data is missing it is possible to import them manually, but if this is a fresh install it's probably better to keep at it until the instal runs successfully all the way through the process.

Doug Blair