From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Jarl Grøneng
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 12:18 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Upgrade to 7.5, is it possible without any errors?

Hi,

I've done a few upgrades from 6.3 and 7.01 to 7.5. And none of them
installes without any errors....

- bin/arsystem (Unix startup file) contains errors, upgrade failes
when the installer restart the server
- armonitor.conf/armonitor.cfg does not get created
- database upgrade in 3 tablss failes due to illegal operation (Oracle)
- addinng unique index on form AR System User Cental File failes
- serveradmin form does not contain any information
- Approval/Assignment-engine failes to install if the server does not
run when starting the installation-program
- Upgrade fails if you do not have a admin user named Demo
- tnsnames.ora need to have an SID entry containing the ip-adress,
with domain name is failes.

All the upgrades has been done against servers installed prior to
version 6.3. Upgrading servers which where original installed as 6.3
or 7.01 does not fail.

Opening a ticket with support did not give any value to the issues.
After 5-6 weeks, we fixed most of the issues (need to do a lot manual
work during the installation), and the response from support was; "Can
I close the ticket now?" They was not not intressting in how the
issues was solved. This answer ended up in my worst satisfaction
survey ever!

Looking forward to the CMDB upgrade....

Regards,
Jarl