What's your quantity of incoming messages?

Anne Ramey

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Jackie Morris
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 12:08 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Email Engine and load

**
Hi Anne-

I have had up to 35 mailboxes being polled.  It usually works extremely well
but once in a while, which typically is once a year, it just stops and we have
to restart the email engine.

I have one mailbox that gets tons of mail so we poll that one every 2 mins, but
the rest get polled at staggered intervals-some 5 mins, some 11 mins, some
twice a day.  Depends on what the mailbox will contain.

The only problem that we have had that we have never gotten an answer for is
why one mailbox will get passed over and not polled.  I turn on the debug log
and I can see the login, the retrieve, then the delete of the mail on all the
other mailboxes.  And I'll see it pass right over a mailbox and not poll it at
all.  Still don't know why that happens.

We started using this on version 5.12, upgraded everything to 6.3 and are now
on 7.1.  We've come to rely on email tickets (I use filters on the email
message form to create tickets based on the mailbox name) so when there is a
problem someone notices right away.

Hope this helps.

Jackie Morris
Easylink Services