From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kemes, Lisa
Sent: 17 February 2010 13:51
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Importing Definition Forms

**
We are having a really bizarre issue with importing any form, active link,
filter or escalation from our Development Server to our Production Server.
Both are at the same version (ARS 7.1 P7).  Both DB's are at the same version
Oracle 10g.  And both servers are Windows 2003 boxes.  We try to take great
care in keeping both boxes exactly the same.

I tried a simple form with a menu, a filter, and an active link.  They wouldn't
load.  It generated the following errors.

The file specified for a character menu does not hold a character menu
definition:  (ARERR 414)
The file specified for an active link does not hold an active link definition:
(ARERR 413)

I tried the menu alone.  It errored.

When I tried to just import the form I would get:

The following item was not imported: Junk (ARERR 55)
The file specified for a character menu does not hold a character menu
definition:  (ARERR 414)
The file specified for an active link does not hold an active link definition:
(ARERR 413)

Has anyone ever seen this issue before?
When I export from Dev and import back into Dev, it's fine.  As of yesterday
morning, when I exported from Prod and imported back into Prod, everything is
fine.  It's when I try to export from Dev into Prod.

Lisa Kemes
AR System Developer
Tyco Electronics
717-810-2408 tel
717-810-2124 fax
lisa.ke...@tycoelectronics.com

COMPUTACENTER PLC is registered in England and Wales with the registered number
03110569.  Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield Avenue,
Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (UK) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the
registered number 01584718.  Its registered office is at Hatfield Business
Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (Mid-Market) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the
registered number 3434654. Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park,
Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (FMS) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the
registered number 3798091. Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park,
Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW

The contents of this email are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be
privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive mail for the
addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
If you receive it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it.
Computacenter information is available from: http://www.computacenter.com