Oracle indentifer is the oracle sid. Defining the oracle two task. This is how we define it from our installation of 7.5 with bmc.

Sincerely,
D.D

On Mar 9, 2010, at 11:12 AM, "Tournier, Pascal" <pascal.tourn...@roche.com > wrote:

**
Hi,

I’m trying to install ARS 7.5 (patch 04) on our new LINUX server. I’m running Oracle 11 and I’m using the installation within a upgrade mode as we have imported our DB data (oracle 9) into our new DB (Oracle 11). Following the BMC support matrix, we are using the oracle client 10…

The problem is that I get the following error during the installation :

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

 Or depending on the setting I provide I get

ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

I have checked the tnsname.ora file as well as the listener.ora and everything seems to work fine… the listener is started, I can do a T NS ping, I can connect with SQLPLUS,…

Also during the installation he ask me for the “Oracle Connection Id entifier” and don’t really which information I should provide at this point.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Regards

_Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"__Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"_