From: T Wang [mailto:remedy.lis...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:36 PM
Subject: Building a Remedy development server via VM clone

** I was trying to find a thread discussion on this, but couldn't find it so i
am hoping to get this clear from someone on the list and possibly other may use
this as a helpful resource information in the future.

Our system engineer and DBA were trying to setup a development server by just
cloning the existing server of our current production system and place it on
one of the VMHost within the network.  I knew that it couldn't be that easy and
of course that didn't work.  We could not start the Remedy service and the
ar.cfg and armonitor.cfg have already been change and point to the new VM guest
OS.  Our current system is on 7.1, ITSM 6.3, this is a Window base environment
and the database server, web server and application server is on the same
machine.

I have never built a development server this way before.  Normally I would
create a new SQL instance on the same SQL box and do a DB backup and restore
the ARSystem DB on the new instance and make sure that the ARSystem DB owner is
ARAdmin.

If anyone have an experience in setting the development server via a VM clone
and won't mind the time to educate some of us I would appreciate it.

Thanks

T.
_Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net<mailto:rmisoluti...@verizon.net>
ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"_