I would try running 2008 in compatibility mode as SQL Server 2005 as a test,
and once it works move it back to 2008 mode.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Murray
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 9:57 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS 7.1/MS SQL 2008 - Anyone?

**
Hi List,

We are trying to install AR 7.1 against a  MS SQL Server 2008 remote instance
(both servers are Windows 2003), but we're encountering an issue whereby the
remedy service will not start. Is anybody running ARS 7.1 against a MS SQL
Server 2008 successfully? the OS is Windows 2003. This combo isn't explicitly
listed in the compatibility matrix. Keen to hear if others have this specific
configuration working, unfortunately upgrading to AR 7.5 isn't a runner at this
time as the CS/SLA combo apps in-use aren't supported on same.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.