I'm having an issue trying to save workflow via the admin tool. I'm just doing
basic enable/disable function of workflow. The issue is that after I disable a
workflow and press save, the memory usage of arserver.exe jumps from less than
600mb to over 1gig. The problem is that the change to the workflow never
happens, it times out; and then, after the time out, the memory does not go
back down below 600mb. None of my users are seeing any performance issues, just
me through the admin tool.
I checked under the application event log (windows) and noticed I have a many
"informational" entries for AR System Monitor which read: 390620: AR System
server terminated when a signal/exception was received by the server (ARNOTE
20). And also: 390620: AR System server terminated - fatal error encountered
(ARNOTE 21). I also see many VsJITDebugger error entries.
I proceeded to reboot the server last night and tried saving my workflow again,
same thing happened. My arserver.exe runs at below 600MB, then when I attempt
to save it, it jumps up to 1.2gb. then the memory does not seem to get released
and I cannot save any workflow.

As of today, I have not seen any AR System Monitor entries in the application
log, but I am afraid to attempt to work on any workflow.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Or can advise on how to troubleshoot.

Environment:
Win 2003
SQL2005
ARS 7.1P7