From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Martinez, Marcelo A
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:08 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: arserver.exe performance saving workflow

I'm having an issue trying to save workflow via the admin tool. I'm just
doing basic enable/disable function of workflow. The issue is that after I
disable a workflow and press save, the memory usage of arserver.exe jumps
from less than 600mb to over 1gig. The problem is that the change to the
workflow never happens, it times out; and then, after the time out, the
memory does not go back down below 600mb. None of my users are seeing any
performance issues, just me through the admin tool.
I checked under the application event log (windows) and noticed I have a
many "informational" entries for AR System Monitor which read: 390620: AR
System server terminated when a signal/exception was received by the server
(ARNOTE 20). And also: 390620: AR System server terminated - fatal error
encountered (ARNOTE 21). I also see many VsJITDebugger error entries.
I proceeded to reboot the server last night and tried saving my workflow
again, same thing happened. My arserver.exe runs at below 600MB, then when I
attempt to save it, it jumps up to 1.2gb. then the memory does not seem to
get released and I cannot save any workflow.

As of today, I have not seen any AR System Monitor entries in the
application log, but I am afraid to attempt to work on any workflow.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Or can advise on how to troubleshoot.

Environment:
Win 2003
SQL2005
ARS 7.1P7