From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Martin, Dwayne
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:46 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Can't change servers in client User, Admin or Import tools

Thanks, Tauf and LJ.

The problem seems to have something to do with the "AR" folder, but
here's what I'm finding:

I log in as PC Administrator, delete the "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\AR System" folder, and re-install Remedy User
tool.  This creates a new "AR System\home" folder, and there is an "AR"
object in it, but Windows seems to think that it is a file, not a
folder.  "AR" displays with a "file" icon, and if I go to a command line
and type "dir" it lists it as a file.  However, this does not stop the
server info from being stored, as long as I am logged in as PC
Administrator.  If I am logged in as PC User I can't even see the "AR"
object even tho I have permissions to the "home" folder.

I deleted this "AR" file, and created an "AR" folder.  As PC
Administrator, server info is still saved, but the "AR" folder I created
is empty.  This makes me suspect that I have the wrong folder and the
server info is stored someplace else.  (I searched the "AR System"
folder for "rem1", both object names and text, but didn't find
anything.) As PC User, I can see the "AR" folder, but the server info is
still not saved.

Thanks again,

Dwayne

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this
e-mail and any printout.