You can trigger the Prefetch by bouncing Tomcat.  You don't have to
reboot the whole server to trigger it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of remedy lee
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:45 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Benefit of Prefetch Remedy midtier 7.1

Hi,

I'm confused on this prefetch 'feature' in midtier.
The way I read it is that only when a server is restarted will the forms
(on the web server) reload in order to save time when the first user
logs in.
So instead of loading HPD:Help Desk when a user first hits it, it will
load by itself when restarted.
Benefit is that the first user logging in won't get that 1-2 mins

Now sales people and certain consultants say that prefetch does more
than that.
It actually loads the forms into the clients computer and therefore
speeds up the whole midtier itself.
So they say that prefetch helps overall everyday midtier use such as the
50th person using HPD:Help Desk will notice better speeds with prefetch
than without.
They say it loads the forms to the clients computers preemptively and
therefore improves performance.
To me that doesn't make sense, how can the server know where to load the
files.  Does it work by loading all the web forms when the person logs
in?

I really see no benefit to using prefetch if our server hardly restarts