From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Chintan Shah
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 1:06 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SSO Implementation

**
Hi all,

I would like to know if anybody has implemented methodology specified in
whitepaper here for single sign on.
http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/57/12/65712/65712.pdf

I have been trying to integrate it but for some reason it goes back to Remedy's
Midtier login page...not sure where I should go to debug..since Remedy doesnt
provide Servlet code that  fall back's to login page. I have also made
appropriate config file change on midtier.

Has anybody successfully implemented it?

Please share your ideas.

here's sample code that I am using (packaged class in a jar file and then put
it in Midter/WEB-INF/lib)

public class MyAuthenticator implements Authenticator {

    public void init(Map cfg) {

}
    public void destroy() {

}

    public UserCredentials getAuthenticatedCredentials(
            HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
                throws IOException{

            String user = request.getHeader(userHeaderName);
            String pw=null;
            String authStr=null;
            if ((user!=null&&user.length()>0) ) {
                    return new UserCredentials(user.toLowerCase(),pw,authStr);
            }
            else { //2. user not auth'd; return null.
            //embed routing info in response object if necessary.
                return  new UserCredentials(myUserName,null,null);
            }
    }
}

Thanks