We have Atrium Core 7.6 patch 1 on our test server (we just patched
yesterday to try and resolve this).  We are experiencing an issue where Data
Exchanges stop working after working on other Data Exchanges.  We see the
following errors in the AIE logs and can see the failure in aruser.log.

[Thu May 06 2010 11:26:47.4910] - <TID: 001> <ERR   > Error (623):
Authentication failed
[Thu May 06 2010 11:26:47.4910] - <TID: 001> <ERR   > InitCMDBConnection -
cannot access AR System server:ITSM76APPSERVER. Error = 2
[Thu May 06 2010 11:26:47.4910] - <TID: 001> <ERR   > StartDataHandlers:
CMDB Data Handler failed to start.

Logging workflow I see where an AL pulls the current credentials from
EIE:ApplicationSettings and passes those to aiexfer.exe correctly.  It seems
that somewhere within the aiexfer.exe process it uses the credentials from
the EIE:DataExchange record.  These records appear to get out of sync as
other Data Exchanges are being worked on.  I unhid the fields on
EIE:DataExchange to try and manually correct the password.  This triggers
workflow and changes the hash.  I found that it works fine setting the
passwords in the db.

As a temporary workaround I created a stored procedure that does the
following and put it behind a button so I don’t need to go into the db each
time the person managing the Data Exchanges starts seeing errors.

UPDATE T710    --EIE:DataExchange
    SET
    C102 = 'pw1',    --Admin Password
    C15185 = 'pw2,    --Encrypted Password
    C536871114 = 'pw3'    --Admin PasswordN
WHERE C536870952 = 0    --Use default destination AR server

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks,
Jason

ARS 7.5 p4