It is important to use the right tool for the right job.

DB replication, of one flavor or another, is usually the most sound approach
for a hot backup server.

A data warehouse is usually the most sound approach for reporting.  This
entails setting up some type of ETL, normalizing the data, performing the
necessary conversions and translations, among other things, but is very
effective at building a reporting scheme.  Exceptions to this occur when you
use some type of reporting component that relies on an AR layer.

DSO is usually the most sound approach for allowing Remedy applications of
separate purposes to share share data, setting up geographically disparate
active/active system.

Axton Grams

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in
this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc. My
voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a
spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software,
Inc.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM, William Abdo <
william.a...@contractor.verio.net> wrote:
> I have a simple  question Dan,
>
> I am not being critical here either I just was wondering:
>
> Why did you not go with mirroring of the DB solution?
>

> Respectfully,
>

> William Abdo

Date?