From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:11 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: mapi on linux

**
When using the email engine on *nix I've always had to use POP3.  Typically
this involves using SSL so the transaction is encrypted (POP3 is very insecure
without it).

MS Exchange accounts can be set to allow for POP3 access.  In larger companies
it is often required to set one server aside as the "Special" pop3 server and
firewall it off/lock it down so only the server(s) that need to access it can
get to it.

William Rentfrow
Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.
wrentf...@stratacominc.com<mailto:wrentf...@stratacominc.com>