From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of patchsk
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: VERY SLOW - Administrator Tool 7.1 Patch 008 ARERR 92

The places you can start looking at is:
1. Network -- try tracert to the arserver from your client machine and
see the output.
                -- Also do the tracert to the db from arserver if it
is a remote db.
2. DB -- Check with dba if anything other than remedy is keeping it
busy?
            Any huge queries or bad queries by users?
            Turn on the sql log from remedy and see which sql is
taking too long?
3 ARSystem -- Turn on the escalation logs and see any escalations are
running and keeping admin thread busy.
                       Try to stop all other processes and start one
at a time to see what is keeping admin thread busy.
                        See if devcache mode is on?
If its unix system then do prstat to see which thread is high cpu and
then validate against thread logs.
Turn on the API logs and see if any particular api call is taking too
long.

On Jun 16, 7:18 am, Francesco Mazza <francesco.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ARERR 92 Timeout during database update. The operation has been
> accepted by the server and will usually complete successfully when
> trying to save workflow in the Admin tool.
>
> I get this error when I try to create or change an object (for
> example, simply disabling a filter)
> Even the display of objects (for example filters a form) is very slow.
> Any suggestions?
> Thank you all in advance.

copies of the original message.