From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Rabi Tripathi
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:37 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: arimportcmd woes on Solaris. no error, no import

Hi all, I have a ".arm" mapping file that works fine when used with the GUI
version of the tool (Remedy Import) to import a csv file into a form.
I take the mapping file to a Solaris box, change two path parameters in the
file (import file, log file), and it doesn't work.

On the Solaris box, I see that the mapping file was read by arimportcmd
because it spits out log text to a file as specified in the
"Import-Log-Filename:" parameter in the mapping file.

This is the log file content (4 lines):
----

AR System Import Tool  Wed Jun 30 00:55:45 2010

****
----

How useful!

arimportcmd completes running right away, no message on the screen, no
import.

I verified that the path to the import file is right, permissions are right.
I made sure that the mapping file transfer from Windows to Unix was right
(tried both text vs bin format)

I can't even begin to troubleshoot, because it won't tell me what's wrong.

Well, I did try troubleshooting by specifying the import and log files as
well as the form name on the command line...
...by messing up various pieces of info on the command line and on the
mapping file (username, password, server name, mapping name, directory) to
cause it to give me error, some error, any error!
Nothing. It won't ever complain of anything! If it can, it spits out the log
as above. Else it just completes running with no output, no import, nothing.

My version is...ahem...6.3. Server patch 25, arimportcmd...I believe is
patch 19.

Support site has no useful bugs on this topic. A few reports of similar
issues closed with "user error". I triple checked myself, but I swear there
is no error on me today.

My command line:
/opt/remedy/bin/arimportcmd -u "Test User" -p "password" -x
"remedy.company.edu" -d "/opt/remedy/local/misc" -m
"ARMappingForVOIPPhExtDumpImport"

My mapping file (/opt/remedy/local/misc/ARMapping.arm):
-----
ARMappingForVOIPPhExtDumpImport
SchemaName: CU:Phone-StagingFormForImport
ServerName: remedy.company.edu
Import-Filename: /opt/remedy/local/PhoneExtensionDump.csv
Import-File-Format: 2
Import-Field-Titles: 1
Import-Field-Separator:
Bad-Record-Handling: 0
Duplicate-Id-Handling: 0
Import-Log-Filename: /opt/remedy/local/arimport.log
Strip-White-Space: 1
Truncate-Values: 0
Disable-Required-ness: 0
Disable-Pattern: 0
Allow-Too-Many-Fields: 1
Allow-Too-Few-Fields: 1
Mapping: 736871090=$BUILDING$
Mapping: 736870988=$EXTENSION$
Mapping: 240000004=$FNAME$
Mapping: 736870963=$FLOOR$
Mapping: 240000003=$LNAME$
Mapping: 736871176=$MAC$
Mapping: 8=$NOTES$
Mapping: 736870971=$TYPE$
Mapping: 736870964=$ROOM$
Mapping: 7=Active
Mapping: 240000000=$ID$
Mapping: 736871107=0
end
Used for nightly import of extension data into Remedy

What's going on? I'm about to write a Perl script to take the csv and loop
around doing create_entry. Don't want to.

TIA.

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org