  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Patrick Zandi
  Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 5:03 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: Poor performance while saving Incidents

  **
  My suggestion is too many indexes .... More indexes the slower the saving of
the form.   Test it

  Sent from my iPhone

  On Jul 12, 2010, at 4:14 PM, "Garrison, Sean (Norcross)"
<sean.garri...@fiserv.com> wrote:

    **
    Setting the field in the configuration file is not enough.  You have to
also run the stored procedure to update all of the tables to “In-Row” storage.
Any new tables created by the arserver will use in-row storage.  The lob
storage conversion stored procedure is found in the “RemedyAndOracleCLOBs.pdf”
document.

    Other things to check:

    1.        Do you have a lot of Indexes on HPD:HelpDesk?  If so consider
reducing any unnecessary indexes.  The more indexes you add the slower the
“INSERT INTO” sql statement …

    2.       Do you have any custom workflow that may be causing a delay?

    3.       Have you considered increasing the memory available to the DB?
(By far the biggest performance improvement you will get)

    4.       Do you have Oracle Cursor sharing set to SIMILAR on both the
Oracle DB and in the ar.conf file?

    Thanks,

    Sean