DESIGN DISCUSSION...

Although technically true (takes more time) -- has anybody ever seen an average
index insert take > 1 second to insert the index info?

Meaning -- you submit a record -- it took 1 second.
After adding an index - it now takes 2 seconds.

Index population is raw at the db level (no Remedy workflow involved) -- if I
look at actual db inserts -- they are .001 seconds. (normally)

I do not think additional indexes are that bad.

-John