Hi Dave,

  This is answered in the FAQ section of the Statement of Direction.

*    I have created an integration with the Remedy User client.  Will that
integration still be supported in the major or minor versions after AR System
7.6.03?

o   No.  Because the Remedy User client itself will become unsupported,
integrations with the Remedy User client will also become unsupported.  BMC
recommends that you consider creating an integration that works properly with
the web client and BMC Remedy Mid Tier prior to the end of life for the Remedy
User client.

*    How will the client provided in future versions interact with applications
local to the user's desktop OS?

o   Traditional OLE or DDE integrations will not be supported.  However, BMC is
investigating methods to enable interaction between local applications while
ensuring that security concerns are met.  Details are not available at this
time.

*    Where can I get assistance creating or implementing integrations for use
by the web client?

o   A good source of assistance is the BMC Developer
Network<http://communities.bmc.com/communities/index.jspa>, specifically the
BMC Remedy AR System
forum<http://communities.bmc.com/communities/community/bmcdn/bmc_atrium_and_foundation_technologies/bmc_remedy_ar_system>.

There have also been previous conversations here on the ARSList about being
able to replicate the functionality on the web client using Javascript for many
of the existing integrations done on the desktop client.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Enterprise Service Management
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.