From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:35 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: What do you call Remedy-on-the-web?

**
Dave,
While we have you on the subject. What would be the best way to describe the
protocol between the Mid Tier and the AR System server?
I'm hoping a secure, proprietary API call with no hint of http/https.
I am trying to get the network security people to allow a Mid Tier server setup
on an extranet with a firewall port to permit the Mid Tier access to the AR
System server on the intranet.
We used to allow external users in with a reverse-proxy but that was closed
down.
VPN is too expensive to give to every external customer but a local BMC Remedy
AR System server read-only user license is free.
Thanks,
---
John J. Reiser
Senior Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by me