From:         LJ LongWing <lj.longw...@gmail.com>
Sender:       "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)"
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Date:         Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:38:39
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: Re: MSSQL Virtualization?

Drew,
I can't talk directly regarding the problems BMC was talking about....but
just from my own understanding, SQL Server is a very 'heavy'
application...it requires lots of RAM and lots of CPU, typically
virtualization would make an OS share those resources, which isn't 'best'
for this type of application...any time you want something from a DB, you
want it as fast as possible....won't be as good in virtual as it would with
Physical...