From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 11:41 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Controlling field lists when editing Filters

**

I am trying to edit some custom filters to reflect changes made to the base
filter between Incident 7.0 and 7.6.  This is my first very heavy use of the
%...@$# Dev Studio.

Is there any way to get it to STOP re-scrolling the field list to the top
EVERY time I click on an object, or click on the blank row at the bottom to
ADD a field, or select a field to add, or select what I just added to copy
the value???  I finally managed to get the two filters to appear side by
side in the editor (not a straightforward task) where you can compare the
Push Fields field lists, which are huge, causing them to jerk up to the top
whenever you try to select or insert something.  This is on the filter
HPD:HII:CreateIncident_100`! so it is a LONG list of field mappings.

BTW, when I started today, I was seeing a consistent mis-behavior when I
tried to add a Field to the list, in that it would NEVER add it to the list
from the Field Selector dialog box on the first try - it always took a
second try, whether double-clicking it or clicking OK. Selecting the Value
from the Expression Editor did not have the same problem  At least when it
added it, and you mapped a Value to it, it resorted up to its correct place
in the field list.  I installed patch 006 since I was using 005, and that
particular mis-behavior was fixed, however, now when the new mapped field is
added with a value, it remains at the bottom of the list.  That is much
easier to live with than having to select the field twice, but then the
Admin Tool did the same thing (left the new mapping at the bottom).

The fact that selecting ANYTHING in the field list causes the entire list to
scroll off the page, means that EVERY click is followed by scrolling back to
where you were.  It is INTOLERABLE.  I'm ready to go back to the Admin Tool,
now!

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/