You should NOT put a unique index on the Name attribute of BaseElement
unless you are REALLY SURE you want to do that and you understand all
the implications.  There are things that will break or become very
difficult as discussed previously in this thread.  You are better off
handling it through workflow for client entry or modification.  It
will save you lots of pain later.

Regards,
Chuck Baldi