Hello All,
We are planning to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.6 in the next few months so I am
doing early planning to move business critical customizations from 7.1 to
7.6.
CMDB Customizations seem to be the biggest challenge.  Our CMDB has 23
highly customized classes. Of those... roughly eight of them are totally
Custom Classes created for our company.

Other than the below plan, I am at a loss for the best/fastest way to port
our 7.1 CMDB forms/data over to 7.6 CMDB.

For OOTB CMDB Classes:
1) Ensure all custom fields from 7.1 CMDB forms exist on 7.6 OOTB CMDB
forms.
2) Export custom workflow via .def import from 7.1 to 7.6 respective CMDB
form once fields exist.
3) Data move
4) Test functionality

For Custom created classes:
1) Create new custom class on 7.6., add custom fields.
2) Export custom workflow via .def import from 7.1 to 7.6 respective custom
CMDB form.
3) Data move
4) Test functionality

I am planning to do this manually since we have had issues in the past using
the 7.1 cmdbdriver.exe to move forms from server to server. (mainly that it
didn't work)  :-)

What best practices have the listers used for this excercise? Any advice is
appreciated.

This looks like a lengthy process - I am estimating 5 days for each of the
23 forms. My goal is to find a faster/better way than spending 123 days of
manual creation/verification.

Thanks in advance,

Jase Brandon
Remedy Developer