Ø  I just know it is not WEB based anymore, and you have to do this via some
other email mechanism, which I am not sure why? Dave ?

The consolidated BMC process calls for Support to review RFE requests to ensure
that they are, in fact, RFE requests and not support requests.   I realize that
statement is a bit ironic since this whole thread is about that process
breaking down, but that's why Support remains involved.  Prior to that, a
significant percentage of RFEs came in that were not RFEs at all.  Things like
"Does AR System support Linux?" or "I got an error, how can I fix it" or "Can
you send me a trial license key?".   This also led to situations where a
customer put in a very urgent incident and accidently logged it as an RFE - and
it remained unprocessed for an unexpected amount of time.  With Support
directly in the loop, those problems have (nearly) gone away and the speed at
which valid RFEs are processed increased quite a bit.

The web interface was removed because it was a direct pipe from the web site
into the RFE tracking tool - bypassing Support.  It is my opinion that the
pendulum swung a bit too far on that and it's something I've advocated putting
back in - but with the added step of having Support review the RFE queue to
pick out any issues that should have been incidents.   Until then, the process
is to open an incident and request Support to log the RFE.    You can always
log the incident through the web and just be clear that the incident is meant
to become an RFE.  You can even save some time and fill out the RFE template
ahead of time and submit it with the incident...

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Enterprise Service Management
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.