From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:13 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: OT: Blackberry Integration with Remedy

** I have not tried with Mid-Tier 7.6.03 yet.  Mobile usability seems to get
better with each version of MT.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Jason Miller
<jason.mil...@gmail.com<mailto:jason.mil...@gmail.com>> wrote:
A note on mobility with Mid-Tier.  Mid-Tier is very close to being usable with
my Droid X.  There are handful of problems that I have seen so far but I think
it is to the point where a specially designed form can be used.

Here are a few observations.

 *   The Application List on the Home Page is not accessible.  I think it is
there but the browser cuts it off and won't let me scroll over to the left.  I
added a Application List to the middle of a test form and it works fine.
 *   Cannot select different tabs on a Page Holder Panel field (could create
buttons to navigate tabs)
    *   I tried again while writing this and was able to switch tabs by
touching them.  Needs further research.
 *   Cannot double click on a Table field to open a record or trigger workflow.
 Double tapping on a row zooms in or out. (could create button to open record)
 *   Expanding and collapsing panels with workflow does work.

Things like not being able to open request from a table field may be resolved
by having a physical keyboard where you have a return key?  I haven't figured
out how to get the onscreen kb to come up when a table field is selected.

I think there will always be a place for mobility middle ware products because
of added capabilities (e.g. off line access) and UI simplicity but for those of
us who cannot justify another product (and more servers), we are almost there.

Jason

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Arner, Todd