Do not specify the ID let the system do it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyd, Rebecca E. <boy...@wfu.edu>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Sat, Oct 9, 2010 6:53 pm
Subject: Re: CMDB Class Update Failed Error [ERROR 120028]

**
Try specifying a field ID.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of sivarama velicheti
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2010 6:04 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: CMDB Class Update Failed Error [ERROR 120028]

** Hi Group,

   I am trying to add a "test" attribute to the CMDB - BMC_ComputerSystem
class. I open up the class in the class manager and set the following

   Data Type: Character
   Attribute Name: Test
   Namespace: BMC.CORE
   Field ID: (not specifying any value)
   Entry Mode: Optional
   Audit Option: Null
   Attribute Type: Regular
   QBE Match: Anywhere (and leave the rest of the fields blank)

  After it runs an update, I get the following error - Update failed: CMDBClass
update failed: [ERROR (120028): The attribute cannot be set.; Field could not
be found on the AR form:Dimensions_pool]

   Is there anything that I am missing? I could find no documentation regarding
this error. Please let me know in case any of you have come across a similar
error.

--

 Shiva

    *****