From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 4:04 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: DNS changes

** Well, you are obviously managing DNS changes, so that means that there needs
to be some way of classifying them.  However, they aren't technically objects,
so that makes them difficult to manage as CIs, unless you want to manage them
as server attributes or something.  So it would seem that having some
categorization around them for the CM module would probably do the trick.

As far as Release goes, it has it's place, but I think if you can make it work
with Changes and Tasks without having to twist or compress the process, you're
probably fine without Release.  If you find that you have large projects that
need to be managed and scheduled at multiple sites or on multiple timelines,
having a Release encompassing several RFCs, which can still have Tasks
subordinate to them, is probably the way to go.

Rick
On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Martinez, Marcelo A