From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Sabyson Fernandes
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:31 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Pushing Field data from Incident to Task

**
Shane,

What you are looking for is the set fields action that is triggered when the
Relate Ad-hoc Task action is triggered via the Add task button. You will need
to add to the list of fields in that set field, so when the user is creating
the ad-hoc task this information is updated.

Now, there is an issue if the fields that are copied across get updated on the
incident you need to add additional workflow to push the updates to all the
tasks that have this information. We have the relationship and you can view the
parent incident/change, but I  know techs do not want to open up the incident
form, from the task as it involves extra clicks and they end up having many
windows open in the background. To get around this update issue, I use display
only fields on the task form and when the task is opened I pull the information
back from the parent request (incident/change).

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Saby