** So you have two ALs-- one triggered by a menu choice and another via a button?  The menu AL sets some fields.  The button AL cannot see these field values?  You are adding the message action within the Button AL right, and not the same AL that is doing the set fields?  I ask because I don't think you can access the TR values of one action by another action within a single AL.

Brien

On 10/19/2010 3:10 PM, Joe Martin D'Souza wrote:
**
Ron,

You might have already checked this but just thought I'd remind you to if you haven't.

Check the order of when the message is triggered and when the set field action happens.. The message might be happening before the set fields..

Joe

Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:07 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
Subject: Set Fields action oddness

**

I’m stumped here. I’ve got a set fields action firing from a menu choice. It sets several fields on the current form from another form. The fields display just fine, they look like they’ve been set, but when I try and fire workflow using the new values, they behave as if they’re empty.

Specifically, the ‘set fields’ puts a CRQ number in a field I’ve called ‘Originating CRQ’, and there’s a button to then display that CRQ. To troubleshoot, I added a message action, and the message says there’s no value in ‘Originating CRQ’ (It says ‘Originating CRQ = ‘)

What perfectly obvious thing am I missing here?

ARS 7.0.1

ITSM 7.2

Windows Server 2003

SQL 2005