From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Joe Martin D'Souza
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 4:29 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: set fields behavior if no requests match filter

Looks like what you are trying to do is check if an entry is duplicate
before creating a new one?

If so I don't quite understand why you are trying to compare the value of
the Request ID???

A Request ID (if it is column 1) will never be duplicated on a form. So why
compare that?

Comparing null value of field 1 and an existing value of field 1 should be
more than enough..

Set a field on the current form with a value if a duplicate is found, for eg
the Request ID of that value that is found.. If that field is NULL than
create a request, if not stop the workflow with an error message..

Joe