I'm sending this post to the list community to see what is the general feeling
about issues that BMC Support classifies as "working as designed"
The category of issues I am referring to specifically here is inconsistencies
in functionality between ITSM modules or within a single specific module.
More specifically, and to name only a few, in ITSM 7.5.1 but apparently still
present in 7.6.3:

- Assigned group searches in tasks are different than assigned group searches
in change
- Assigned group searches, change manager group searches, and change
implementer group searches are different
- Task tab in problem investigation is different than the task tab in the
incident form

When I raise these issues with BMC support, I get the reply that it's working
as designed. Well the problem with that, is that customization is required to
make functionality, and look and feel consistent.
It seems to me that BMC should create a "Design Defect" classification in
addition to the existing defect classification, which are essentially
implementation defects. I mean why should I need to create an RFE for something
that should work consistently in the first place? Seems like "Working As
Designed" is simply an easy way out of the situation. Quality Assurance
**should** catch these defects. Is this too much to ask?

A defect is a defect because the customer perceives that as a defect, that
should be the bottom line. This is not new functionality, only making the
functionality and user interface work to the way it is expected.

Thoughts?

Guillaume