From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 5:13 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Upgrade 5.1.2 to 7.5 or 7.6?

Hi,

Maybe it is time to change hardware as well?

1. Install 7.6 on a new machine
2. Investigate the changes you have made to the system forms, such as
changed permissions or added fields
3. Export and import the def files (excluding system forms) to your new
server
4. User RRR|Chive to SYNC the data between the machines.
5. Test the new machine
6. Do a final SYNC using rrrChive and move your users to the new machine

You have to do some testing to see if the old client works against the new
server, or vice versa, to plan the upgrade of the clients. Or maybe this
could be a good opportunity to move to MidTier?

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10):