From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Sathish Kumar P
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 11:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Impact on Enabling API/SQL Logs in Production environment

**
Hi All,

We are currently in ARS 7.1 with ITSM 7.03 with Oracle10g in Solaris10
Operating system.

We had seen in the recent past whenever a server crash happens due to unknown
reasons, BMC support request for the API and SQL Logs to diagnoize, which we
have not enabled in our Production environment.

I had raised BMC issue on the same,but got different response each time, where
they say it will impact the performance and it will NOT impact the performance,
so need your help very much..

My thought was if I can get confirmation that enabling API/SQL logs will not
cause any performance impact, i will enable the API and SQL Logs and have a
monitoring script which backups up the API and SQL Logs for every 1 hour so
that my application file system space is not getting fulled.

I hope some of you would have come across this situation, and it would be of
great help if you can share your view.

Regards
Sathish